Sunday, January 2, 2011

Karson, Holidays, and Make a Wish

Christmas Eve PJs

Hadley, Mckaybree, and Karson watching a movie

Santa sneaking a candy cane to Karson

Karson's new BYU hat

Karson's favorite toy is Woody. I love the way he looks at him.

Karson's New Bed

It's been a while since I updated on Karson so I thought I better let everyone know he's still hanging in there. Since I last posted we have had some ups and downs. It seems that he's doing fine one day and the next he acts really sick at times. Some days I didn't think he would make it through December .We have had more very close calls but he always pulls through it. This last couple months his disease has really progressed and it's hard to tell if he's still happy. We know it's partly because his facial muscles have gotten weaker so it is harder for him to talk the way he used to and we don't get to see to much of his smile. Some days I think he is still happy and other days I think his little body is worn out and he's had enough. I do give him alot of Morphine to keep him comfortable. We both feel that the Lord is preparing us more just by the way Karson's been acting . We will be so SAD when he passes but at the same time HAPPY for him to be free of his body.
Last year Karson was really sick on Halloween, then in the Hospital the week of Thanksgiving we did get to come home but he should have stayed then on Christmas Eve he went septic and ended up in the hospital on Christimas and stayed till late New Years Eve. This year Our Holidays were WONDERFUL! We were all together everyone was healthy and it was so fun to see what Santa brought the kids.
In my previous posts I have mentioned that we were trying to decide if we should take Karson to Disney Land. Well, we decided that we were going to but then he had all of these scary episodes plus he requires Morphine and we would be packing about 100 O2 tanks. I'm really disappointed that were not going ! We recently bought a full size bed for Karson not because he needs that much room we thought it would be a good way to be close to him . Hadley has loved it ! We get to snuggle and take naps with him and I sleep with him sometimes. We have started to work with two women that want to help us Make a wish for Karson and they brought up the idea to do a bedroom wish and pay for his bed plus some other things that we don't know about then have a Big a Toy Story Party at the Make a Wish building then a star raising ceremony. We are VERY greatful to them and were really excited too!

5 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad your holidays were happy this year, and what a great idea to get a big bed for him, for all of you, to be able to snuggle in and be close. What a strong little boy you have!

BreAna said...

I love the idea of a new bedroom for him, I think that is a great idea. I am so glad you were able to spend christmas together at home, what a perfect holiday.

The Johnson Crew said...

I am so happy for your family. I love his bed, that was a great idea. I pray he makes it to his party and has the BEST day ever.

Lots of love

Kaija said...

Karson is totally smiling in his BYU hat! I miss that boy. Apparently I was supposed to come last sat. sorry guys...was on a plane.
I love the bedroom wish. His bed is beautiful. I love that you can lay next to him and be by him. I think he loves to be loved the most! No toys, characters, trips can bring that! Can't believe how big Hadley is getting! PS I SO want to come to the make a wish ceremony if they let me!!

Rebecah Ogden said...

i'm so excited for karson to get his wish. even though disney land isn't an option they will make his wish so special. the star raising ceremony is so wonderful. the whole experience has been incredible. i'm glad that you guys were able to all be home for christmas. I love karsons woody jammies :)