It's been two weeks now since our sweet little boy went back to Heavenly Father and I can't even express how much we miss him. It's a feeling that we wouldn't wish on anyone. I'm pretty sure that Darren and I are in shock. It's a weird feeling! I continue to look up at his feeding pump to make sure that it's running and feeling a need to do his cough assist. The list could go on but what do we expect this has been our lives for almost 3 years. To tell you the truth I just turned his oxygen concentrater off for the first time since he's passed and that's only because praxair was suppose to come today. The machines that we once despised, we now love and miss the sound off, because every single one of them at one time or another saved his life and gave us more time with our sweet boy. I'm so thankful that we get to keep the majority of the machines. The idea of returning all of them made us very sad. So although they now sit quitely we can still look at them and be reminded of Karson. Were just so thankful that we have the gospel to give us comfort. The Lord doesn't take the pain and sadness away but, we know that he is helping us through this.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
you're still in my prayers Jody.
I have been thinking about you guys and how empty it much seem. We love you guys and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
I have been praying for you all everyday. I can only imagine your heartbreak. I know I would feel the same way about Nicholas's machines...at first I hated them, but now I love that they help to keep him happy and here with us. Much love to you.
Hugs,
Jessica
Thinking of you guys right now and always!! Time goes by too fast..good and bad. Love you guys!
Just wanted to let you know not a day goes by that I don't think of you and pray you will be given the strength to endure this. You and your cute family amaze me. I love you and am so glad we "found" each other again!
you guys have been constantly on my mind. I am so grateful for the gospel to give us strength, hope, peace and able to continue on day to day. What a neat thing I was able to be a part of today. The party had Karson written ALL over! Although, he probably would have been a litte bit freaked out over the high enthusiasm level the characters brought. I was! jk! He LOVED it. I just KNOW it!
Thought of you guys today...I too know Heavenly Father is holding you in his arms at this time. I KNOW that.
Hugs and love to you.
Lots of hugs to your family. I keep thinking about Hadley. How is she doing? We pray for your family and hope that you feel loved because you are!
Post a Comment